Global Music Report (full report) — Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions of purchase, and IFPI's general terms and conditions carefully as by purchasing a copy of Global Music Report ("the Report") or by purchasing country page data from the Report you are agreeing to be bound by them.
Access to the Report
After the release date of the Report and following receipt of any payment due, if you have purchased a package containing the digital version of the Report you will be provided by email with an FTP link and password to access the Report in an electronic Adobe PDF format. If you have purchased the additional Excel data from the Report, you will be provided by email with an FTP link and password to access such data in an Excel format. In either case the link and password is for use only by the number of users permitted under the user licence you have selected and may not be shared with anyone other than permitted users within your organisation (the "Organisation" which term includes a company, partnership, sole proprietorship or other unincorporated business organisation) to the extent necessary to allow efficient access to the Report by the permitted number of users within the Organisation. If your purchase is not made on behalf of an Organisation and is for your own private and non-business use, please note the download link and password is for your personal use only and must not be shared with any other person. If you have purchased country page data from the Report and not the entire Report, you will be provided by email with the relevant country page PDF(s).
Grant of Licence
IFPI grants to the purchaser of the Report (including any country page data from the Report) a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence for the use of the Report for the Permitted Uses set out below by the number of users within the purchaser's Organisation permitted under the selected user licence and not further or otherwise. IFPI retains all copyright and other rights in and to the Report and the purchase does not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Report except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
Where you are accessing the Report on behalf of an Organisation, and provided that such uses may be made only by the number of users within the Organisation permitted under the user licence you have selected, you may:
- Allow the permitted users to access the Report;
- Make temporary local electronic copies of the Report solely to ensure the efficient use of the Report;
- Save the Report to the hard disk of a computer owned by the Organisation, and place a copy of the Report on the Organisation's intranet, electronic library system or similar information system, provided access is restricted to the permitted users;
- Make, or permit to be made, no more than two print outs of the complete Report for use by the permitted users and storage in a hard copy library or similar accessible by the permitted users;
- Allow the permitted users to print reasonable extracts (to a maximum of 10 pages) from the Report; and
- Allow the permitted users to include a reasonable amount of information extracted from the Report in presentations or other documents or published work of the Organisation provided IFPI is properly credited.
Prohibitions and Restrictions
Except as expressly provided above, no other copying, dissemination, publication, communication or making available to the public, or distribution in any form of the Report in whole or in part is permitted. In particular and without limitation, except as expressly provided above you may not, and must not permit the Organisation or any person to:
- Distribute, transmit or send the Report or any part of it in any form (whether hard copy or electronic) outside of the permitted users;
- Alter any part of the Report or remove any proprietary notices; or
- Sub-license, lease, rent or sell the Report or copies of it in full or in part.
You must notify all employees and officers accessing and/or using the Report of, and ensure their compliance with, the provisions of this licence.
Breach of Licence
In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, the licence will be immediately revoked and IFPI reserves the right to pursue any subsequent action in recovery of damages and costs.
Refunds and Cancellations
In the event you wish to cancel your purchase, please refer to section 9 of the IFPI website's general terms and conditions.