Global Music Report 2016 (full report: state of the industry + data and analysis section)
The definitive source of recorded music market data — an annual report available in PDF, hard copy and Excel
IFPI’s Global Music Report provides a comprehensive picture of the key trends of today's music business.
The premium ‘data and analysis’ section is an invaluable source of authoritative data and analysis about the recorded music market globally for music companies, analysts, investors, commentators, academics and many others.
The current edition, with data for full year 2015 was published in April 2016.
The premium data and analysis section of Global Music Report, published in April 2016, features:
Recorded music sales for 2011-2015 by country
In-depth analysis of the recorded music sector
Country-level data for 49 territories
Top global albums and singles 2015
The data and analysis section also features premium data unique to this report including:
- Splits for digital, physical, performance rights and synchronisation revenues - global, regional and national
- In-depth data for 49 markets
- Digital revenues by format at global, regional and national level for:
- Single track downloads
- Full album downloads
- Other downloads
- Mobile personalisation
- Paid subscription and freemium streams
- Ad-supported streams
- Other digital
- Global-level physical volume data 1973-2015
- Global top 50 albums and global top 20 digital singles 2015
- Indicators on the development of streaming
- Global ranking of markets by physical, digital, performance rights, synchronisation and overall market
- Special market case study on China
Not all information available for every country. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query on what data is available for a specific country
What formats are available?
- PDF – electronic copy with download access details delivered by email automatically after purchase
- Excel format – an editable Excel spreadsheet containing the country page data and selected appendix tables from the ‘data and analysis’ section which can be used for clients to perform their own analysis.
NEW FOR 2016: now includes sheets with all featured countries’ revenue data (overall market segments and digital revenues) in single sheet for easier analysis across different markets
- Hard copy – a glossy print copy of the full 128 page report – includes the ‘state of the industry’ section + the premium ‘data and analysis’ section
What packages are available?
- Buy the full report PDF, with additional option to purchase hard copies of the report or the Excel data from the report
- Single country page PDFs can be purchased, for customers who don’t need the full report
Reduced rate packages available for universities and academic institutions:
- Purchase a hard-copies only package (contains three print copies), not available to other customers (can be purchased now via the webshop)
- purchase a PDF of the report for university-wide access, with a significant academic discount on the standard multi-user PDF cost. For more details on this or to receive the discount code please contact IFPI at email@example.com.
- Use the calculator to price up your preferred package
- UK VAT will be added to prices where applicable
- To see packages and prices at a glance, please click here